British Columbians are known throughout the whole of North America as being connoisseurs of all that is good about online gaming. And so it should be, as BC Players were the first to ever taste the undoubted pleasures of wagering online.
It might have made a difference that the online casinos who are either based in the province or have a wide client base had the opportunity to learn from the unfortunate mistakes made by the BC Lottery Corporation (BCLC) when they launched the first casino in the province by the name of PlayNow.
Whether it was due to a lack of experience or insufficient preparation, is a subject for discussion, but what is for sure is that the PlayNow Casino was a classic example of how NOT to run an online casino, with files full of player complaints ranging from poor choice of games, amateurish software and payouts that tool an unacceptably long time.
It was no big surprise when PlayNow, after a few random closes “for reorganization” apparently appeared to close their doors completely a few months ago, while no official statement as to their future forthcoming from BCLC.
Any British Columbians who rushed to join PlayNow have learned an invaluable lesson, and that is what not to look for in Canadian internet casinos. Thankfully, there is now a wide choice of casinos in BC to choose from, whom really know everything that there is to know on how to operate a top online casino.
– Graphics that are pleasant and not jarring to the senses.
– Software that loads super fast and allows speedy navigation. A player’s leisure time is valuable and should never be wasted waiting for a game take an interminable time to open.
– Bonuses and even more bonuses. Starting from a generous welcome bonus to constant match deposit bonuses. In the background there should be a loyalty point scheme that mounts up as a casino member plays their favorite games.
– Table play tournaments around the clock as well as a wide choice of exciting promotions for slots lovers.
– An efficient and friendly customer service department on call 24/7 to answer every question as well as handle deposit and withdrawal options in Canadian dollars.
A classic example of how an online casino should be run is Omni Casino. Omni have been around a few years now and are operated by the Peak Entertainment, group who also operate a number of other highly successful online casinos. As the saying goes, there is always safety in numbers and Omni Casino operates within that principal, with professionalism shining through in every facet of their operations.
Omni Casino is powered by Playtech software, regarded as being among the leaders in the industry. Omni’s graphics are as you would hope to find them and the casino suite comes in either download or instant access options. Canadian players who opt for Omni can enjoy the choice of playing in either French or English!
Another leading online casino software developers are the Microgaming group, whose software powers more than 150 online casinos.
One of the best known is the Spin Palace Casino. Spin Palace has been around for more than a decade, and it shows! But not in a derogatory fashion;
Spin Palace has a very restrained but solid feel to it that an old lady of BC should portray. A casino that has been around as long as Spin Palace would not have survived without being a good place to play. That’s what Spin Palace is all about and why they have built up a very positive reputation over the years.
These days the memories of the rise and fall of “Play Now” has been largely forgotten. It’s not that surprising when you consider the online gaming gems that BC players have to choose from.